Between our visit to the Rachel Zoe offices and cocktail party later that night, Jslow and I killed some time doing what we do best: shopping.
After hitting Helmut Lang and Ten Over Six, we made our way to Alfred’s coffee shop on Melrose Place to check email, drink coffee, sneak stares at Ben Flajnik of the Bachelor, and freshen up in their single-passenger bathroom. But before we could do any of that, we detoured into the tiny jewel-box of a boutique next door, Elodie K.
Recently opened, Elodie K. is the brainchild of Parisian Elodie Khavat who’s career in the fashion industry included stints at Printemps and BCBG before relocating to Los Angeles to launch her own jewelry line.
This year, she opened her namesake store on Melrose Place to house her jewelry line as well as her favorite pieces and brands from around the world.
We happen to think that sunglasses are the perfect thing to buy ever. Why?
1) They’re fun
2) They’re affordable
3) They’re easy to wear
4) They don’t make one look fat
5) They do hide our wrinkles and dark circles
6) They add instant glamour and mystery
7) They go with anything
8) They easily fit into one’s purse for easy transport from the store, which means they
9) Are also easy to slip past husbands and others who frown upon our purchases
10) They allow us a small bit of style real estate to experiment with, and take baby steps towards going outside of one’s comfort zone
11) They can define our “look”, become our signature
Just look at Karl Lagerfeld. His designs for Chanel and Fendi are breathtaking and frustratingly out of reach to most of us, yet his signature look of dark glasses come courtesy of Italia Independent — something we all can attain.
And any brand that’s approved by Kaiser Karl we will flock to.
So ladies, get your asses some glasses ASAP. And send us the results.